Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Markets, Brezels and Meandering

    September 15, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Walked around Frankfurt today and it was lovely. Ate good food, looked at shops, stumbled through German conversations, and generally had fun.

    Had lots of brezel. Delicious. Really wishing we could find a good brezel back home now. Suggestions welcome. Currywurst was also good. As was Bratwurst. Saw a few markets including the Kleinmarkthalle - very pretty.

    Found a board game place (typical us). The owner spoke perfect English and was super helpful. Was going to buy a game for travelling called Teubseeabenteuer (Deep sea adventure), but at the checkout saw these cute and tiny games so got 3 (they were cheap as) and take up less space than a pack of cards together. Will let you know how they go.

    Saw the really nice mall building the Zeil. Crazy glass design and longest elevator in Europe which we'll have to try. Also had ice cream rolls - they pour cream and the flavourings onto an open air freezer thing and chop it all up, spread it out flat then roll it up. It's kinda like watching someone make a crepe but different. And tastes good too.

    Got phone sorted so if you want our Europe number let us know. Ordering in some Italian for dinner so hopefully it arrives soon. Ciao!
    Read more