Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Eiffel Tower and a Christmas Hunt

    October 10, 2017 in France ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Early start - bread and croissants for breakfast and metro to the Eiffel Tower just before opening. Used west entrance and didn't have to wait long. Amazing view from the very top. Really enjoyed it. Walked back down - glad it wasn't up.

    Strolled to Rue de Cler markets. Not much to see so walked over to Disney store and grabbed a sandwich on the way. Disney store was one of many potential Christmas decoration stores but sadly did not measure up. A small tree of ornaments but nothing good. They had Mulan but put her in a random pink dress with a gift in hand instead of armour and a sword as she wore for most of the movie. Disappointing!!

    Walked around down the Champs Elysees and past Place de la Concorde. Took metro to St Germain to investigate three other Christmas stores. Two only have them at Christmas time, and one was completely shut down. Sad face for our Christmas ornament search. But at least got to see Saint Sulpice Church (beautiful) on our wanderings and try some more Parisian baking.

    Metro home, relaxed for a bit. Then turkish for dinner (OK) followed by lemon tart and eclair from Yann Courveur Patisserie (both delicious but pricey). Off to Amsterdam tomorrow!
    Read more