Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Mendoza

    May 5, 2017 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    When buying our coach ticket to Mendoza we managed to get ourselves a suite for less money than than the semi cama or cama. A suite is a bit like business class on a plane so we actually got to sleep horizontally which was a real treat. They also served wine which is always a bonus. We could certainly get used to travelling in a suite!

    The journey to Mendoza took around 13 hours, arriving around 10:30am. We opted for another Airbnb, this time staying with a lovely lady called Val and her 2 cats Buffy and Mancini. There was also another lady called Lisa from Denmark staying as well as Ursula from Canada.

    After a quick shower we headed out for a wander and to find some lunch (a must do when arriving in any new place before someone gets the hanger). We walked around the Plaza Independecia which is a pretty park in the middle of the city centre before settling on a lunch of empanadas and calzone. This was washed down with some delicious gelato. I opted for white chocolate and pistachio and Simon had dulce de leche (a delicious caramel sauce that South Americans are obsessed with) and cookies and cream.

    As you don't get the best nights sleep on buses, we were pretty shattered so had a lazy evening and watched some of The Fall (our newest Netflix addiction).
    Read more