Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 74

    Day 4 - Cusco

    15 czerwca 2017, Peru ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We woke up having had a great nights sleep. We were so tired after waking up at 4am the day before, hiking all day, then 3 hours of travelling back to Cusco that I probably could have slept anywhere, but we booked a night back at Intro where we had left our bags in storage.

    Sore from all the hiking we were in no rush to go anywhere so we decided to mooch around the hostel sitting in the sun until lunch time. For lunch we decided to head back to the salad bar to get some goodness back in us. Blake opted for a build your own whilst I went for the wraps again, however this time with chicken.

    After lunch we walked back to the hostel for some more chill time on some giant bean bags and that's where we remained for the next few hours.

    On the walking tour we did Richard suggested the Inka museum was a good and cheap thing to do so we headed out in that direction. When we got to the main plaza we were confronted with hundreds of people all dressed up for a catholic procession with even more people spectating. It seemed that because of the festival everyone had their favourite dish, guinea pig, on display outside of the restaurants. They even dressed the poor cooked GP's in little outfits! Each cluster of people in the parade had their own giant statue that a number of men were carrying or struggling to carry as they walked around the square before entering the cathedral. Due to this the Inka museum was shut and subsequently so were most other attractions, so we decide to make our way to 'Jack's Cafe' for an early dinner. Blake went for a chicken and veg stir fry and I had a delicious chicken satay.

    After dinner we strolled back to the hostel to collect our bags and 30 minutes later we were in a taxi on our way to the bus station to catch our overnight bus to Arequipa.
    Czytaj więcej