Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 83

    Lima

    June 24, 2017 in Peru ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Today we left Paracas and headed to our final stop on our South American adventure, Lima. It's only around a 3 and a half hour bus journey so another easy one! Our bus wasn't until 1pm so we had a lazy morning and went out for a very naughty breakfast of pancakes and eggs.

    Despite only being a short journey, Cruz del Sur did not fail us and made sure we were fed. The food was even really tasty and for the first time actually hot!

    Now Lima has a bit of a reputation for not being the safest, especially in the Downtown area where all of the bus stations are so we got an uber to our Airbnb apartment. The apartment is in a great location in the Miraflores district which is one of the safest areas in Lima. We are staying with a lovely couple called Corin and Sally.

    Corin recommended that we go to a restaurant called Mangos for dinner which sat on the coast so you got a great view out to sea and of the city. It was beautiful. Unfortunately we couldn't get a table outside but we managed to get one on the cusp so it was good enough. The food was incredible albeit a little on the pricey side but it's our last few days in South America so we thought why not! I had a delicious salmon curry and Simon had mango tuna.

    It's wasn't far to walk back from Mangoes so we decided to walk back stopping off for a heavenly Nutella and pecan crepe on the way. Our walk took us past the El Parque del Amor or Love Park which sits on the cliffs overlooking the ocean where there are some cool statues which are lit up at night.
    Read more