Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 88

    Day 2 - LA

    June 29, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Simon must have been very excited about our days excursion to Universal Studios today as he insisted we set the alarm for 6am! We were there before the rides even opened before 9am! It's therefore no surprise that we successfully managed to do every ride in the park!

    The highlight was definitely the studio tour as they actually film some famous movies and tv shows here. We saw Amity Island from Jaws, Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives and the actual house from Psycho! They also had some very cool 3D fully immersive Fast and the Furious experience at the end as well as a Jurassic Park themed one too!

    Simon made me go through the Walking Dead experience which was awful. I was so scared I actually ran out of the last bit. They had real actors in there. I cannot watch horror let alone walk around in one with people dressed as zombies jumping out at me.

    We watched both the Waterworld stunt show and the Special Effects show which were pretty awesome. We finished the day at around 9:15pm after watching the Harry Potter lights show. They project lights on to Hogwarts, similar to what they do at Disneyland which was pretty cool.
    Read more