Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 99

    Day 2 - Nabua Lodge

    July 10, 2017 in Fiji ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We woke up and headed over for breakfast at (you guessed it) the sound of the drum.

    After breakfast we had a cave trip which was included in our package. We were a bit dubious about this one as we had to sign a waiver to do it. After a ridiculously bumpy journey there, we pulled up to the caves with very sore bottoms. After a short briefing we made our way up some steps and into the cave. The ladder at the bottom dropped us into a rather cold pool and we swam into the middle of the cave. It was quite impressive but also pretty full of other people. We had an option to swim underwater into a second cave but this required a mask which our resort refused to provide us. After some negotiation we arranged to pass masks back through to other people that wanted to swim through.

    It was only me that made it through. Blake was a bit nervous as they described it as you had to swim 1 meter down and 2.5 meters across for 3-5 seconds underwater. To say it was an anti-climax is an understatement. The second cave was pitch black, pretty tiny, super cramped when we made it in and the story the guide told was missed due it being so echoey. We swam back through to the main cave and made our way out. The journey back to our island was another bottom breaking ride. Some people paid 85 Fijian dollars for the trip and it definitely wasn't worth it. We would have been very disappointed if we had paid that.

    We had lunch shortly after returning which wasn't rice! Instead we had pasta in a sauce with cheese. After lunch we just topped up the tan on the beach.

    At 3pm we made our way to the tea lodge for our daily dose of tea and cake. Another great chocolate cake this time with raspberry sauce on top. It was delicious! There were also so almost newborn kittens that kept us all entertained.

    Not wanting to spend the rest of the afternoon in the sun, we introduced Matt and Caroline to Phase 10.
    Read more