Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 152

    Day 4 - Melbourne

    September 1, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    After a pretty chilled few days, we decided to get back into the touristy mindset and on a free walking tour around the city. Melbourne is a really cool city and I can now see why so many people fall in love with it and move here.

    We had a couple of hours to spare before our walking tour so we went in search of something delicious for lunch. Dan had told us about a street that sold $5 baguettes so we headed there, grabbed a couple of baguettes and headed over to Federation Square. There is always something going on in Federation Square and today was no exception. There were heaps of people promoting a gaming festival called PAX and there were loads of different games going on. The best however was the dance stage which provided us with a good hour of entertainment watching people getting very into a wii type dance game. We then headed to the library which was the starting point for our walking tour.

    With our tour guide Alex we ventured past the Old Melbourne Gaol, Carlton Gardens, Parliament, the Princess Theatre and Chinatown. We then weaved our way through the arcades and laneways of the city. The laneways are bustling narrow streets full of cheap eats, bars and street art. You could get lost in them for hours.

    After a 3 hour walking tour we were pretty pooped and Mads was shattered from her week at work so we cooked up a Mexican feast and chilled at Maddy's with some wine and beers.
    Read more