Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 183

    Airlie Beach

    October 2, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    As there was house music blaring from the bar about 20 meters away from our room last night we both went to bed in our trusty ear plugs. They worked a treat as I was out cold for about 10 hours. It probably helped only having 3 people in our room too with me and Blake making up two of those.

    Having no peanut butter for our toast we got dressed and made our way to woolies. It also made sense to visit Peterpans for our free zipless boat bags (a lot of boats worry about bed bugs hiding in zips) and Wings, our boat company to check in. After learning what we could and couldn't take on board we then looked around the bottle shops eyeing up the beers and goon (cheap box wine).

    During breakfast it started to rain which was not what we needed. Luckily it seemed to pass pretty quickly. For the afternoon we decided to head to the lagoon (similar to the one in Cairns) for a spot of sunbathing and little swim.

    Unfortunately for our stir fry dinner the veg had gone a bit funny so after eating as much as we could stomach we decided to walk to Cold Rock for some ice cream. Naturally it made sense to share a large rather than two smalls so we ended up with about a Ben and Jerry sized tub of ice cream mixed with Toblerone, Oreo and Malteasers.
    Read more