Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 189

    Rainbow Beach

    October 8, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Another early start and a 6 hour bus journey to Rainbow Beach. There really isn't much in Rainbow Beach at all but from here we can head out to Fraser Island. We are doing a 3 day, 2 night 4x4 tag a long tour. Basically what this is, is a bunch of 4x4's that follow each other with 8 people to a car and we all take it in turns driving. Fraser Island or K'gari, is a sand island 75 miles long and 15 miles wide. Driving on sand should make it interesting.

    Our tour is with Dingos and we are staying in the hostel of the same name. The bus dropped us right outside so we checked in and mooched around until our safety briefing at 5pm. During our safety briefing they told us how to stay safe on the island if you see a Dingo or snake and a little bit about what we can expect. We also met 4 of the other people that are going to be in our car (2 weren't there). We are an all English team so very cultural. Everyone seems really nice so I think it's going to be a good crack. We have Jess and Meg and Sam and Fraser (we also have incredibly English names).

    It's going to be another early start tomorrow as we have to be packed and ready to go by 7am.
    Read more