Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 195

    Day 3 - Noosa

    October 14, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    The coastal walk from Noosa to Sunshine Beach, through the National Park, is apparently a must do when in Noosa so we decided to do that. Despite the drizzle it was a lovely walk with some great views. Many people spot dolphins and koalas on the walk but we didn't get lucky. As we neared Sunshine Beach we could see a storm rolling in over the sea. It was really cool to watch however not coming out prepared for rain we got incredibly wet. The rain was so heavy it hurt our backs when it hit us and the wind meant it was coming down sideways. When we made it down to the beach we found a shelter with 2 other people sheltering from the rain. It wasn't long before there were 7 of us huddled together under the tiny shelter waiting for the rain to pass. We waited for a good 20 minutes but with no signs of it easing off we all decided to make a run for it to the bus stop so we could get a bus back. At one point we were running along a street in water up to our ankles. Half way to the bus stop we took refuge in a public toilet for a breather and to wring out our clothes before heading out again. I think the bus driver took pity on us and gave us a reduced fare which was very nice of him. We couldn't have been any wetter. The Sunshine Coast certainly isn't living up to its name.

    Back at the hostel it was straight in a hot shower to thaw out. All of our clothes including our trainers and bag went in the tumble dryer to dry out. We had taken a picnic out with us on the walk but not having a chance to eat it we cracked it open back at the hostel. We then spent the rest of the afternoon playing cards and watching Netflix.

    Jess and Meg from our Fraser Island tour are also staying in our hostel so we planned to meet up with them for a drink in the evening. They decided to stay in the hostel bar though and craving a drink that wasn't served in a plastic cup we headed out to a bar across the road where we both had a glass of wine and a cheeseboard. The wine was incredible and the cheese a taste sensation (minus the mouldy stuff). Don't get me wrong we love travelling but sometimes you just want to feel like a normal 30 year old and drink something other than goon and watered down spirits.
    Read more