Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 205

    Day 9 - Shamrockvale

    October 24, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Poor little Nugget was super wobbly this morning. Feeding him has turned into a bit of a mammoth task as it takes around half an hour just to feed him one litre of milk. Tyson however guzzles 2 litres in about 5 minutes. After sorting out the boys, we helped Nick with the grain run before smoko.

    For the rest of the day, we both helped Nick up at the yard taking temperatures and administering meds. We both took it in turns to herd in the cows and write down the temperatures. Herding in the cows is pretty scary to start with. You have to get in the small pen with them and then usher them through the gate. Sometimes they do what they're told and other times they completely ignore you which is pretty frustrating. Sometimes they need an encouraging tap with a bit of hose however I feel mean hitting them hard, at which point Nick will intervene and give them a good whack.

    In the evening we were invited up to the homestead for dinner with the owners of the farm Gabby and Robert which was nice. Gabby cooked pork with mashed potato, cauliflower cheese and salad which was pretty scrummy. There was even dessert of gingerbread apple pies (which are delicious FYI) with mango sorbet.
    Read more