Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 231

    Day 2 - Coolangatta

    November 19, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    The forecast for today was mainly thunder storms so we weren't really sure whether to risk going out and having a repeat of our coastal walk in Noosa. Not wanting to spend the day inside though, armed with my raincoat, we decided to brave it. We walked along the coast to Coolangatta and then on to Snapper Rocks and Point Danger. Here you got great views out over the ocean where there were lots of surfers taking advantage of the stormy surf. We then walked back along Boundary Street to the State Border Monument which sits on the border of Queensland and New South Wales. The crazy thing here is that New South Wales is an hour ahead of Queensland so you can actually stand with each foot in a different time zone. My phone has been very confused since we arrived in Coolangatta and is constantly switching between Queensland time and New South Wales time, so we're never completely sure as to what the time is. We were getting pretty hungry by this point so we headed back to the apartment for some lunch on the balcony. Luckily it didn't rain at all however it did mean I had to carry my raincoat around with me for nothing!

    With more rain forecast for the afternoon, we weren't really sure what to do, so we decided to chill out for a couple of hours and watch some more of The Blacklist. We have now finished season one and have made a good start on season two. It didn't rain all afternoon so we thought we had better leave the house and go for a walk. This time we headed left along Kirra beach towards Tugan and then sat on the beach for a while, before walking back down the beach, dipping our toes in the sea.
    Read more