Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Cairngorms to Perth

    June 10, 2021 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Simon had booked us in for a quad bike tour around the Rothiemurchus estate this morning so after breakfast we headed to the meeting point. We got there a bit early as we had to be off the site by 11am so enjoyed a nice coffee at the farm shop while we waited. Our guide for the quad bike tour was a lovely lady called Natalie. She started off my giving us a quick demonstration of how the bikes worked and then it was on with the helmets and we were let loose on the quads. After a couple of test laps we headed off, winding through the forest and across streams. We stopped every now and then and Natalie talked a little about the area and at one point to wait for the heilan coos to move off the path! There was some proper cute calves as well which weren't phased by the noisy bikes at all!

    Our next and final stop of our trip is Perth so after the tour we set off with a quick pit stop for lunch overlooking Loch Insh. When we stopped here we envisaged a tranquil picnic overlooking the loch however it was so ridiculously windy that we lasted half a sandwich before we sought refuge in the van.

    The campsite in Perth was very quiet and there were only a handful of people there. There wasn't much around but as we drop the van back tomorrow we packed up our suitcases and then Simon cooked up our final supper in the van, fishcakes, new potatoes and veg (the exact same meal we had on our very first night) which we enjoyed whilst watching lots of bunnies hop around right next to the van.

    Campsite: Noah's Ark Campsite
    Number of nights: 1
    Price: £24
    Read more