Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 620

    Friends and family visit

    February 15, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Friends Yvonne and Ross made a road trip from their home in Spain to spend a few days with us, staying in one of the bungalows at our campsite. We have been blessed with great weather this winter but unfortunately their trip happened to coincide with a cold snap. Despite some blustery and wet conditions, they were still happy to do some sightseeing and our laughter made up for the lack of sunshine.

    Not long afterwards, my sister, Audra, and her husband, Gavin, flew in from the UK for a few days. Like Yvonne and Ross, they too stayed in one of the bungalows. However, unlike Yvonne and Ross, they had much better weather during their stay. We had a busy few days together visiting our favourite places from the beaches of Alvor, up to Foia, the highest point in the Algarve, where Audra was able to buy a thick, knitted cardigan to keep her warm back home in Yorkshire.

    Our time in the eastern Algarve is almost at its end, so now we are getting ourselves ready to hit the road again. We have loved our time down here and look forward to returning again at some point.
    Read more