Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Mom’s

    February 4, 2023 in Curacao

    Had a really nice weekend with Christel’s mom. She came to the class on Saturday morning and then we went with Christel to a very local eatery place (Food Market — Plaza Biau or Old Plaza). The food was amazing — enormous portions and gluten free, the smell was mainly pumpkin pancakes with raisins (looked delicious but I couldn’t try). Apparently the cactus soup is good but it looked fat to slimy for me!
    I was with Mom (Michelle Mesker - a talented painter) for the rest of the day. We went to a fantastic local beach (Niffo) and meant up with her friend Rita (and Rita’s BF). It was cloudy, which was great for this fair skinned girl! We swam out to some kind of drilling platform, climbed up, jumped off and swam back. A few more dips (mainly pee breaks and photos) and we were headed to the restaurant at the bottom of the hill. The view and sunset was amazing, food was great (I had a stuffed potato) and we left when the mosquitoes started to feed. I am amused that both Christel and her mom are very healthy, but neither like to walk and both want to drive and park as close as possible to places.
    Read more