Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Chiang Mai Day 2

    February 1 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    We woke up, got dressed and headed downstairs for our driver to pick us up. I had made arrangements with the driver from the day before to set everything up for me because he was not available today. Let’s just say the car was very very very old and the air barely worked. We knew this was not going to be a day of comfort for driving but everything was already booked for the day. I was bummed and frustrated but oh well, we have a full day ahead of us.

    - Visit one of the most beautiful temples in Chiangmai, Wat Ban Den
    - Visit Dantewada Angel Park, one of the most popular parks among Thai tourists for making pictures.
    - Enjoy 40-minute bamboo rafting along the stream in the mountains
    - Lunch, Thai buffet lunch
    - Experience elephant sanctuary, feeding, bathing and learning about elephants from their mahouts.
    - Visit and enjoy Sticky Waterfall, climbing this unique limestone waterfall.

    We enjoyed all the activities of the day but especially the elephant sanctuary. I also really liked the waterfall, you walk all the way down via a staircase and back up to the top of waterfall on the rocks that aren’t slippery. Hence the name sticky waterfall.

    We arrived back to the hotel, dropped our bags and went for 2 hour massages at a place that has all former incarcerated woman working for them. Why not support the rehabilitation program 😂😂

    After massages we had a great dinner at a little Italian restaurant. We grabbed a cab back to the hotel and lights out by 9:00.
    Read more