Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30–32

    Bangkok

    February 9 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 95 °F

    We flew from Phuket to Bangkok, got picked up from the hotel in a beautiful Mercedes S class. I have never been in a sedan with reclining back seats. 😂 An hour later we arrived at the hotel, checked in and walked to an Italian restaurant down the street for a great (non asian) meal. Walked back to the hotel and went to bed.

    Day 2 - Woke up, got ready, had a cappuccino and got a cab ride to meet the group for a food tour. We sampled over 15 items, many of which I did not try, lol!!! We rode a tuk tuk, the water taxi and public bus. It was a fun experience in this overwhelming super busy packed city. We went to one the super large malls called MBK, the malls are so big you can’t possible even see everything. After the mall we got cleaned up and went to the rooftop bar at the hotel for a drink and appetizer before walking to dinner. I had the brilliant idea of stopping at an abandoned mansion for an additional drink but after 45 minutes of walking around, we never did find an entrance and Klaus was pissed and sweaty. We gave up and went to dinner at a super cool rooftop bar with live music and DJ. we decided that the walk was a bit too much and took a tuk tuk , which is a crazy experience in itself.

    Day 3 - Woke up, had a coffee and took a taxi to the Chatuk weekend market, there is over 8000 vendors and it would take all day to see everything. We had to get back to the hotel to change and check out. Our flight was not till 8pm so we walked to the Italian restaurant from the first day and had lunch, we had to order quick because there is no alcohol served from 2 to 5 every day in Bangkok. Kids get out of school and they don’t want them trying to sneak it. After lunch, we walked to another mall called terminal 21 this is designed like an airport with a bunch of levels and the most massive food courts taking up two floors I’ve ever seen. We stopped on the way back to the hotel for a final massage (I will miss these and the warm weather of course the most). A quick aperol on the walk back to the hotel where the car was waiting to take us to the airport.
    Read more