Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Driving to Caloundra

    September 22, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 20 °C

    We were ready to leave at 8am; just in time for for the coffee van to have their doughnuts ready much to Lara's delight! After the girls ate their doughnuts and we had a chat to a long term travelling couple parked next to us we were off to the Bundaberg Rum Distillery two hours down the road. It was an easy drive with a lot more red dirt on in the landscape then we were expecting.

    We had a good look around (it's a shame we don't drink rum) and picked up a couple of orders from home and continued towards Caloundra. This is the part of the trip Paige has been very excited about! She has wanted to come back to the Sunshine Coast since our last trip two years ago. We stopped at a garage at Maryborough for fuel, tyre check and some lunch and arrived and my Aunt and Uncles house around 3.30pm.

    After a lovely greeting from my cousin and getting one neighbour to move their car we managed to squeeze the van into the driveway in one go, right before the rain set in for the night. Doug was seriously impressed! While we were setting up Doug made us both a much appreciated cuppa!

    Quick and easy toasted sandwiches for dinner as Doug went to work and an evening of board games to the sound of rain on the caravan roof. Not a bad way to end the day at all!
    Read more