Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 108

    Christmas in the mountains

    December 24, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Our Christmas started with a breakfast of dry bread - unfortunately the only bread we could get in town. At least it was filling, so we were ready to hit the road again. The first part of rolling and pretty exhausting. Plus, as a Christmas present, I got bit by one of the wild dogs - right in the ankle. (For some reason, dogs always go after me, never after Herbert) Luckily, the bite wasn't too deep, so it could be fixed with desinfection spray and plasters. What a start into the day...
    However, it could only get better. Our route continued with a continuous climb up into the mountains. The views were amazing and not much traffic either. We had a lunch stop with a view - unfortunately with that dry bread again. But afterwards, it was only a few kilometers left to our destination: San Jose del Pacifico. It's a cute mountain village with some tourists, but not too many. We really like it and started with a beer on the sun deck, followed by a great Christmas dinner, the sunset and a final beer and regional chocolate in our cabin. Not a bad Christmas after all... Merry Christmas everyone!
    Read more