Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 157

    The jungle ride

    February 11, 2020 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    As we are currently not in a rush, we decided to check out the Southern peninsula with the National Park Corcovado. It looks pretty empty with lots of nature, so good for cycling.
    And the route today was indeed awesome! Very flat and green for the first 35km on highway 2. Then we turned right onto highway 245. It was pretty hilly for about 45km, but the scenery was beautiful. We cycled through tropical forest, saw many birds and an ant eater, heard monkeys and grasshoppers, enjoyed views on the golf. The last 30km were flat again. And all day, we had to share the road with only few cars.
    In Puerto Jiménez we first checked the schedule and prices for the boats to Golfito where we want to cross to. We then went for a swim in the Golf. The water is probably above 30°C, so not really refreshing, but still nice after some hours of cycling in above 40°C in the sun. We even saw some red aras flying over the harbour and the beach again, very cool!
    At night, we cooked dinner at our AirBnB and did some research about what to do next. Prices to enter the National Park are ridiculously expensive, so we decided to do some exploring on our own tomorrow. Let's see what we will find in this area.
    Read more