Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day 14 | Madrid, Spain

    July 18, 2015 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Slept late. :Just the Tip" traveling wears you out. Haha.

    Since it is pretty much lunch time when we got up, we decided to attempt to get in at the Guinness Book of World Records oldest restaurant in the world, Botin! We did. Botin was in 1725 and is a benchmark in traditional cuisine in Madrid. Its specialties are suckling pig and lamb roasted in the old Castilian way, in the original wood-fired oven dating back to 1725. The filet mignon was delicious and so was the Sangria.

    After lunch we walked around town seeing all the landmarks and then ended up at the Royal Palace of Madrid - the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family, but is only used for state ceremonies. Beautiful palace. The coolest part may have been the Royal Armoury. Before he died, King Phillip II ordered that the collection not be sold, which is now one of the jewels of Spanish Historical Heritage. I snuck a few pics of it...absolutely chilling.

    We headed back into to the main part of town to have dinner with Christopher and Javi again. They took us to El Tinterillo De Malaga. This is a neat little seafood place where you get an auction, too. The shyster: auction and proclamation of fried fish and grilled meats. Fun! Fun!

    After dinner, Christopher and Javi took us for the "best Mojitos" they've had at a cute little cafe called En Busca del Tiempo (In Search of Time) and apparently we found it there because we chatted until around 3am. Lol. Guess we'll be sleeping in again....

    ...Goodnight

    Temp: Hi 93 / Lo 69
    Pedometer: 5 miles
    Read more