Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12–15

    Cromwell-The Birthday

    April 19 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    So today was all about Paul's big birthday! It started off with phone calls from our girls and their families in Auckland, expressing their sorrow at not being able to attend (read on for more about this!) and lots of singing of happy birthday!
    We spent the day on mundane chores such as shopping and laundry and resting up before the party. And then came the surprise!!!! Completely unaware of the machinations going on behind his back, our girls arrived at our caravan and video called Paul. He was very surprised and happy when he realised they were right outside our door!!!
    And then we were off to the Stoaker Room for the party. We had a good collection of Broadbents and Mulveys and when we added in the amazing food platters, it couldn't avoid being an amazing night out.
    We called in Helen and David's for coffee when Vicki fired us up with a fairly good Aurora. Some went for a drive to get a good view and we discovered a good view from our caravan site. A spectacular ending to a very good day.
    Tomorrow we're back to H&Ds for doughnuts just like our Dad used to make. There has even been talk about maybe a wee sambucca or two to wash them down!!
    I'll check in later to let you know how that goes!!🤣🤣
    Read more