Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Sedie School, Maun Day 12

    April 18, 2017 in Botswana ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    After a late breakfast this morning we were picked up by Sei Letsapa in his minibus and driven the 13 kms into Sedie School. Once there we were invited into their staffroom where there was a gathering of local dignitaries to welcome us, including the local education office rep, chairwoman of the school council, many others, the Heads of both the secondary school and Mathiba Primary School, some of the school staff (not bad since they are on holiday), and all the Sedie hosting students. An impressive array listened to many speeches of welcome.
    After the welcome we were shown around the school from the computer room, to the agricultural beds that each Form 3 has to tend as part of their education.
    After familiarising ourselves we settled into a pattern of activities with sessions being organised by a Sedie science teacher, a Botswana history talk, an Australian history talk by Peter Craig, an ethics session (Michael Parker) and a music session to choose some songs for our final concert.
    Late lunch under the tgotla (the meeting tree) and then we dispersed to be hosted for afternoon tea by four of the Sedie families in their own homes. We found this experience most rewarding.
    We arrived back at Sitatunga well after dark for dinner after which we practised for our concert. It had been a busy day - but a good one
    Read more