Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1 From Narrawallee to East Lindfield

    April 1, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    What a hectic day! A houseful of 3 nervous/excited athletic adventurers and a dog that was freaked out by suitcases being packed and strangers in his home. Piers had arrived the previous evening, followed soon after by his friend Trent and Matt. They were down in Ulladulla to take part in a 24 hour adventure race.

    So, it was an early start for all. Piers and friends had breakfasted, sorted out their gear and departed by 9.30. Beni watched us compete our packing very nervously and pulled items out when we weren't looking. Very frustrating and much bribery occurred. Last minute activities got in the way of dropping Beni off at the Ulladulla Pet Motel and we suddenly realised this 10 minutes after closing time. A mad panic followed with frantic unanswered phone calls and a fairly quick trip to south Ulladulla. Fortunately I was able to drop him off, and my anxiety levels could drop back to normal.
    Finally packed the car and went down to the Civic Centre to watch the start of Piers' race. Saw him off to Warden Headland and then come passed us on the Harbour beach before heading north in the car.

    Brief stop in Nowra (camer battery and Maccas for lunch)and we pushed through to East Lindfield by 5.00pm.

    Pizza supper with Niels and Reid, with Lara and Al going to a school function.

    Very tired and an early night in preparation for hours of flying tomorrow.
    Read more