Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day one in Hoi An

    August 13, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌙 30 °C

    After 10 hours in the sleeper Bus we reached Hoi An in the early morning. Not having booked anything we trusted a local woman who called her self 'Flower' to follow her into her Hostel for a breakfast and a shower. Indeed the homestay was not far away, the breakfast was not too expensive and we wondered when she told us that she had no room free at the moment but we could use her WIFI to search online.

    In the end we found a really nice place in a distance of roundabout 1,5 km from the City. The girls of Countryside Garden Homestay gave us a very warm welcome. They are really sweet and friendly so you always feel traded as if you are someone special.

    After a little bit of relaxing we took the free bikes offered by the homestay and rode to the beach. The best beach so far. Even so good I totally forgot taking pictures. There are so called private beaches where each restaurant has its own lies at the beach. If you eat your lunch in the restaurant you are free to use the lies. So we stopped at Hon Restaurant and also enjoyed a great lunch.

    In the evening we went into the village of Hoi An. Famous for the lanterns you will find a romantic and relaxed atmosphere with a lots of lanterns, markets, small shops. An outstanding place to be! And if you feel like having good Italian Icecream go visit Dailo. Best icecream I had so far.
    Read more