Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Painswick to Los Angeles

    February 4, 2022 in England ⋅ 🌧 5 °C

    We started the day with an uneventful to Heathrow. After a bit of confusion about our tickets at check in resulted in a bit of a delay, we eventually made it through security. Our flight was leaving from the satellite terminal so we caught the train and headed up to the lounge. After a couple of drinks it was time to board and we settled in for the flight.

    A route is taking us north of a Scotland and then over the Arctic circle before heading down over Canada and the Western United States into Los Angeles.

    It wasn't long into the flight when I realised I might have my work cut out for me in the next 10 days. We were settling down to watch a film and I noticed that mum was tapping her headphones as if to try and make them work. When I looked over I could see the problem straight away. Sadly, she had failed to plug the headphones into the socket!

    The flight itself was pretty uneventful and we landed in Los Angeles on time. After negotiating immigration and collecting our bags, we headed to find where we were picking up our car. This was not the easiest experience as they seem to be a complete lack of signs as to how you got to the rental car places. Eventually found a bus that would take us there and were given the world's biggest car as a rental. Really far far too big for just two of us and so I'm hoping we can change that in the morning.

    We parked in the garage of the hotel, although the height of the car did make me wonder whether we might not leave a dent in the roof from the low underground car park.

    After checking in we headed for a drink in the hotel bar and by 10.30 we were both flagging so decided to get an early night.
    Read more