Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Movie magic

    February 7, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    So today we're on the move. We're both still awake early and so we were checking out of our hotel just before 8:00 ready for a trip to Warner Brothers studios. Another Day in Los Angeles with blue skies with not a cloud in sight.

    We left the hotel and headed for the freeway which took us through the hills to the other side and then along to Burbank where this film studios are. Nearby the studios. We stopped a little cafe to have breakfast with me opting for the corned beef hash and mum having an omelette.

    We arrived at the Warner Brothers studios at just after 9 and after parking the car we checked in for the tour. The tour started with a presentation about some of the history of Warner Brothers and then we got onto a electric golf buggy where our guide took us around some of the sets at the front and the back lots. The sets around the back lots are buildings that are repurposed by changing the front of the cladding or repainting them and so actually when you look at it the same area would have been used in a number of different films or they've never know it because the front changed so much.

    The front lot is full of sound stages which is where they build indoor sets and where they also film live audience shows. We couldn't go into any of them because being a Monday it was a working part of the week but our guide talks about lots of different scenes have been shot in the studios there. It also appears that for some of the scenes, other movie studios will rent the space from Warner Brothers.

    After about an hour we were dropped off at especially designed vista center where there were lots of interactive exhibits majoring on the Friends set author including Harry potter and some of the marvel comics. Those explanations about writers and casting and the sound engineers and all made for a really interesting tour.

    Once we had seen that area we hopped on another golf buggy for the final past the tour where there were other interactive exhibits including some scenes from Harry potter and props from a number of the batman sets.

    And all it was a good 3 hours spent and well worth the time and cost for the ticket.
    Read more