Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Morro Bay to Cambria

    February 11, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    The final leg of our trip today was the short journey from Morro bay to Cambria where we were staying. The sun had now set and the light was just amazing. We arrived at our hotel just after 6:00 p.m. and found that it is a gorgeous lodge right on the front. On arrival the remnants of the sunset were still visible giving an amazing site.

    The Cambria beach lodge is a lovely motel style hotel and the rooms were perfect. All tastily decorated and with all of the amenities that you could possibly need. The town itself closes relatively early and so we were advised to head out for food pretty quickly. In the end we decided on a short walk along the seafront to the sister restaurant of the hotel that we were staying in. Having been used to the relatively high prices of Los Angeles, we were pleasantly surprised by how relatively cheap the restaurant was. To say that the food was of a poor quality and we had a lovely meal with more coconut shrimp to start and some sweet potato fries and then fish tacos for me and a crab sandwich for mum.

    We wandered back to the hotel and then had a night cap in the lounge area at the front of the hotel before calling it a night.
    Read more