Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Sunset cruise & evening in San Francisco

    February 11, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We caught an Uber down to pier 43 where our sunset cruise was setting off at 5:30. The timing of the cruise at this time of year is perfect because you leaving the lights and the sun sets whilst you're on the cruise, meaning that you arrive back in the dark.

    No Sunset cruise would be complete without a drink and thankfully there was a bar on board. First stop on the cruise was out to the golden gate bridge where the boat slowed and then stopped just beyond the bridge to allow plenty of time for photographs.

    The boat then headed around the east side of the island of Alcatraz before continuing on to do the same under the Oakland bay bridge.

    It was difficult to believe that we were actually there when we were under the golden gate bridge and whilst the light didn't lie to see the colour on the way through, once you the other side the red rust coloured metal was clear to see.

    The journey back from the Oakland bay bridge gave lovely views of downtown San Francisco the boat arrived back on time at 7:00 p.m..

    We gained another Uber to get back to the hotel, we're after a quick shower. We headed to the restaurant at the top of our hotel called the Top of the Mark had cocktails and appetizers as our meal for this evening. The restaurant is on the 19th floor and so gives spectacular views out across the city.

    We decided it wasn't quite time for bed and so I headed out to an off-licence to pick up a bottle of wine. When I got on Google it didn't look very far. What I hadn't counted for was the very very steep hill that I had to go down and then back up in order to get to the shop. However, mission accomplished and we had a final drink of the evening before retiring to bed.
    Read more