Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    A day at sea

    May 28, 2023, North Sea ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Our first day at sea started with a leisurely breakfast in the Horizon restaurant after which Ed and I went to get a coffee in the atrium. I managed to bump into someone else on the ship that I know at breakfast!

    Next was a walk around the promenade deck. It got really windy at the front of the ship but the back was very calm and so we stopped at the sunset bar for the first drink of the day sitting in the sun.

    We met up with the others soon afterwards by which time it was time for another trip around the deck before getting food. We returned then to the sunset bar for a few more drinks and then just before 4 Ed and I headed inside for bingo! Sadly we didn't win!

    After bingo we played cards high up in the sky dome before returning to the cabin to shower and change for dinner. We didn't manage to book anywhere and so we simply had a more informal meal at the street food kiosks.

    By now it was time for the kids to go to bed and so Ed and I headed for a drink and some more cards before returning to our cabin for a night cap.

    Amazing where the day went really! I fell asleep with the boat rocking as it made its ways across the North sea.
    Read more