Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    The big B! Kota Kinabalu

    July 25, 2016 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    On our first day in Kota Kinabalu (Borneo) we took a boat to the Bunga Raya Resort on Gaya Island. This private resort was simply stunning! Crystal clear, warm sea and soft white sand beneath our feet - this is my idea of paradise 😄. We quickly grabbed some snorkels and off we went into the sea! 🌊We saw a blue star fish, clown fish (aka Nemo) and a clam. TO NOTE: suncreaming your bottom when snorkelling is recommended! 😖...
    After lunch we practically had the beach to ourselves, the water was so calm it felt like a lake 😍.

    On our second day we were picked up by our tour guide and together we took a drive to Kinabalu Park, the starting point for the climbers of Mt Kinabalu. We had a short tour of the botanical gardens, but unfortunately not many of the flowers were in bloom. Our guide took us onwards to Kinabalu Poring Hot Springs where we ascended the tree top canopy. Hanging bridges created a 50m high walkway above the forest floor.

    Later on, we followed a path which arrived at a small waterfall. We paddled in the water and the small fish came to nibble at our feet, just as they would at a fish spa.
    Read more