Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Singapore

    October 10, 2017 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We are currently sitting in Changi Airport awaiting our flight to Turkey & have plenty of time to kill - the perfect time to note down what we got up to today....So, first up, we packed our bags, checked out of our great little hotel & left our bags with staff before catching a cab to the CBD; we were off to 1-Altitude Bar for a personalised tour with Santiago - the friendliest Columbian tour guide you could ever meet - & he's lived in Brisbane!
    1-Altitude is the highest alfresco bar in the world and the view was incredible! The weather today was pretty good too & it allowed us to see right into Malaysia & Indonesia! Santiago pointed out all of the landmarks & gave us a wonderful overview of the history of Singapore plus some tips on where to go & what to experience. It was facinating & insightful.
    Once we were armed with all of this new information we headed off to Chinatown to experience "the best chicken rice in Singapore" at a little store called Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice, hidden within the Maxwell Food Centre (Hawker Centre). The queue was 30 deep (a good sign that the food is good) but moved quicky & it was essentially our first time trying an authentic Singaporean dish - it wasn't bad, although the little dipping sauce on the side incinerated our tastebuds - hokey smokes it was hot!!!
    After lunch we wandered around the corner for a quick photo opportunity, capturing a shot of the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum.
    Next stop was Arab Street - an eclectic mix of old & new world charm & plenty of arty boutiques & cafes with a Middle Eastern flavour - we stopped at the Selfie Coffee shop in Haji Lane for a, you guessed it, Selfie Coffee!
    From here we walked to the famous Raffles Hotel where we ducked in for a refreshing Singapore Sling (as one does in Singapore 😁) - it was pretty good, although for $31SGD, it should be! This was our final experience in Singapore & we wouldn't have done anything different. Next stop - Istanbul!
    Read more