Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 44

    Rio de Janeiro

    6. mai 2018, Brasil ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    LOVE RIO 🇧🇷💚 - Had a full day doing a city tour, starting with Christ the Redeemer. Sooo unfortunate that it was very cloudy and we couldn’t see anything other than Jesus! Argh. Oh well, will just need to come back here! We then went to Santa Theresa quickly and to the famous colourful steps, the cathedral inspired by one of ghe Apollo spaceships (!) and finally Sugarloaf Mountain. Stunning views from there!

    We had a guide, G, who grew up and still lives in one of the hundreds of favelas (slums). He was great. I wish I could have done a favela tour but Intrepid said that the situation has been unstable for the past couple months, so advised against it.

    The afternoon highlight was a local football match - favourites, Flamengo versus Internacional. The atmosphere was electrifying! They won 2-0. We had this annoying couple in front of us who kept moving around and blocking our views (esp Sarah cos of how short she is!). We went as a group - 4 of us (Sarah, Steve and Mike) plus some other people joining the Urban Adventure tour. Lots of swearing, singing and chanting. I’ll never forget.
    Les mer