Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Ventes de Narón

    May 28, 2017 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    This journey has had many high points and, as any good pilgrimage should, it's fair share of low points. Today held both. We woke to learn of an emergency at La Maison and spent the morning bleary eyed, putting out fires (thankfully, not literal fires). We got a bit of a late start and skipped breakfast but the situation was (mostly) under control when we left.

    The weather report called for heavy rains and thunder storms, neither of which were appealing, especially given that we had a 20 mile hike ahead of us... and what a hike it turned out to be with 2,500 ft elevation gain. Luckily, while it looked like the sky would open up at any moment, it didn't rain on us and we peeled out raingear off a few miles in.

    We arrived at albergue O'cruceiro in record time for the distance (3.1 mph) and collapsed in our double bed. It's the first time we've had a room to ourselves in a few days and we took full advantage of the quiet by napping. When we awoke, we were excited to find that the restaurant attached to the albergue (there are no grocery stores in tiny places like this) was willing to serve us food before 7pm, win!!
    Read more