Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Washington DC

    September 9, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We got up early this morning to catch the bus to DC. The subway stations were soo packed as it was rush hour and everybody was commuting to work, this was no fun with our luggage! We got the underground to the nearest station but had to walk to the bus stop... Nats case is one where it pulls on the top corner so walking any distance with this is a nightmare! The bus was around an hour late so we had breakfast whilst queuing.

    When we arrived at DC it appeared far less busy and chaotic than New York, arriving at the hostel staff were very warm and welcoming and explained a bit about what there is to do.

    We went out for a walk to orientate ourselves, DC is a absolutely lovely place; the people are friendly, it's clean and not mega busy.

    When we returned to the hostel some of the people there invited us to play drinking games and there is a happy hour every night where everyone gets two free drinks. At 10pm there is a no more drinks rule in the hostel so one of the staff members said that we could all (about 8 of us) go to his friends apartment. His friends apartment was lovely with fantastic roof top balcony! All in all a great night!
    Read more