Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Scary hostel! NF - USA

    September 15, 2015 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We caught a taxi to the footbridge in the Canadian side of the falls and walked across the bridge over the boarder getting a taxi on the USA side to the hostel. When we arrived at the hostel it seemed really quiet with one guy greeting us at the door. The room is quite big with an en-suite but just us to in it.

    We walked down to the falls which was closer than they were at the other side. At the American side you can get much closer to the falls but it isn't as good a view. We caught a boat called 'The Maid of the Mist' which took us right into the falls which soaks you through! We had a walk over to the island and then grabbed some lunch.

    We headed back to the hostel which still was really quiet, we spent the afternoon relaxing. A bit later on there were somebody knocking on the door but the guy who works at the hostel had disappeared, leaving him clueless on what to do! We walked to the local supermarket for some tea, upon our return the staff member still had not returned leaving the guy still not able to check in. At around 20:30 the staff guy returned and checked him in.

    Later on after getting to grips with the freaky hostel we was watching television and another guy arrived, equally not being able to check in as the guy wasn't here! We gave his the pass code for the front door then he went out to view the falls at night. In which time we headed to our room and locked the door behind us!
    Read more