Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Arrived :-)

    April 18, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    So I hardly slept at all last night as the bed was like sleeping on the floor! My back also wrecking after my ridiculously painful massage :-(

    We arrived in Krabi at the hotel, seems to be really nice! At last a beach!! Was only 9am when we arrived so we decided to check out the local area. We found a tourist excursion place and booked on an excursion for today and tomorrow. The one today leaving almost immediately, so we got our stuff together, grabbed some food and was picked up.

    We went to the 'Emerald pool' which is supposed to be really famous good place to go. When we arrived we had to trek for ages and was crammed! Looked like water surrounded by mud and shit loads of tourists to me haha!

    We then went to the 'hot spring waterfall' which was bloody hot! So nice on my back though after that massage!

    Followed by a bit of souvenir shopping and the elephant sanctuary... This was unbelievable, the elephants were so friendly and the guides great too.. even letting us sit of the elephants neck and feed them at the end :-) what a amazing experience!

    Towards the end of the day I began feeling really ill, having no energy, head ache, stomach ache and the shits! Really started to worry that this might last days... I fell asleep at 7pm and woke up for breakfast feeling much better. Missed out on a night out though!
    Read more