Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 136

    Day 2 : HelpX

    May 16, 2015 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    Today the markets are on in the town, so instead of working in the morning, we shall work in the afternoon and visit the markets first.

    After breakfast we head down to the town. Diva and I go fit a walk through the Old Town. We see some markets, the oldest bar (coffee shop) in town, we walk past an old cobbler shop which is thought to be linked to the story of Pinocchio and take photos with the Pinocchio statue. We also visit a local corner store and walk around the seat working theatre in Italy, ___.

    The town is a beautiful, old medieval town. In our way back to meet Helen and David we stop into a local bakery - the smell was just lovely. In most of the cabinets is fresh pasta! Pasta of all sorts. There are also fruit pies, little sweets and a savoury delicacy called .... I had a potato one and it was yummy.

    David took us to his local pizzeria where we tried local focaccia and .... It's like a pizza based made from chickpea flour.

    While I was eating my ... In the street David asked if I still had the receipt. He said, that in Italy you must always haves receipt to prove to the police that you bought the item. If I couldn't show my documents to prove I'd paid for it I could be fined as would the suite who sold it for not giving me one. It's crazy!

    After lunch we worked in the forest cutting up trees that had fallen over for firewood. David would cut the trees with the chain saw and Diva and would carry them up the hill to the house.

    For dinner we have:
    Entree - pesto, tomato & cheese in squares of fill pastry
    Pasta - pest pasta, the pesto is made from stinging nettles
    Dessert - fruit salad with a coconut yogurt semifredo

    Tonight we are watching a movie that David and Helen really like called 'brother, where out thy?' It's a Cohen brothers film. It was really funny and enjoyable.

    We have a fire going again tonight. This time putting the wood in means a bit more haha. More wood = more chopping!
    Read more