Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 302

    Final gin tasting

    October 29, 2015 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Tonight I attended my final gin tasting and Master class with the wonderful crew at the Oliver conquest in White Chapel.

    Way back in February on a whim I attended their tasting with Sacred Gins the specialists of the evening. Showing up on my own the boss lady put me with a couple of regulars - A Gin Club with a Reading Problem – was there name and I was most graciously introduced into the wonderful world of gin.

    Ever since, when the opportunity has arisen, I've taken a gin throughout my travels. It was particularly useful in the summer when I didn't want to drink red wine and beer wasn't too appealing.

    I learnt that the Spaniards love a GT referring to it as a gintonic, serving it in giant goblets with all sorts of trimmings. And that parts of Belgium are quite famous for it as well - I think.

    But anyways, when I knew I was coming back to London I contacted the girls from the gin club and arranged to attend another session, and tonight was it.

    It was a special tasting as the team at the OC we're celebrating their 5th birthday and they had their own branch of gin on show. The guys from Gin Foundry were there introducing us to their range, including the special OC.

    We were given an introductory OC gin and tonic before going on a journey of 6 gin tastings, served neat of course. These ranged fresh orange, dried orange, earl grey, cardamon and few others. I really liked the cardamon one, its very smooth! I enjoyed it last time as well.

    At the end of the evening, after the upgraded nibbles, the guys form Gin Foundry made us all a Negroni cocktail, before heading home. A wonderful evening once more!

    The Oliver Conquest
    http://www.theoliverconquestpub.com

    The Gin Foundry
    http://www.ginfoundry.com
    Read more