Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    First day in Singapore

    April 23, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    So I made it to Singapore very early this morning after a 12-hour direct flight from Copenhagen. I travelled with Singapore Airlines - recently crowned the best airline in the world. It was indeed a very good flight with many small touches that the competitors don’t have - at least in economy. The food was also very good, and everything went well.

    Once I got to Singapore, I took a metro train to my hotel - the iconic Marina Bay Sands, probably the city’s landmark hotel. It is made up of three huge towers connected by the world’s biggest rooftop pool across all three towers. Aside from the hotel, there’s also a bunch of shops (all the big brands like Gucci and Versace), a theater, museum, restaurants, bars, a big casino and more.

    I spent most of the day exploring the hotel grounds and the nearby Gardens by the Bay, and of course the famous pool. I had lunch at the Super Heroes Café - a very unique restaurant and shop dedicated to the DC heroes like Superman and Batman. Their food and drinks had creative names related to the characters. Fun place!

    I also saw Spectra - an impressive light and water show by the bay with colorful water fountains that ‘dance’ along to the music.

    Tomorrow I have a few more hours in Singapore and then it’s off to Bali! 🌴
    Read more