Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Toronto Day 3

    August 29, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    Another hot day in Canada! This time I wasn’t in Toronto very much though. In the morning I left the city for a day trip to the Niagara region. It was a guided bus tour that made a few stops along the way.

    We first visited Niagara-on-the-lake which is a cozy little town with small, cute shops, restaurants and some charming hotels. There was also a nice view of the water from an old fort.

    Later we stopped by the smallest chapel in the world, and before getting to Niagara we went to a winery for a tasting. We tried a red wine, a white and an icewine! The latter is something I haven’t tried before but it was very tasty.

    Eventually we made it out to Niagara Falls, an incredible natural wonder that I’ve always wanted to see. When we first got there, we all went on a boat ride which gets very close to the falls. We were instructed to put on a poncho - something I thought was probably not necessary. I was wrong. As we got close to the biggest of the falls, we were completely drenched with water! One of the craziest things I’ve tried, but also very fun! It was pretty remarkable to be that close to the falls.

    Afterwards I walked around the whole area for some good photo ops, and just to see everything.

    For lunch I went to the Rainforest Cafe, a rather peculiar place with animatronic animals, like gorillas and elephants, and jungle-like sounds.

    I also stopped by the local Hard Rock Café for another magnet to my collection!

    As it turns out, Niagara is an entertainment hub with lots of attractions close to the falls. Aside from hotels, casinos and many dining options there is also a sort of amusement park, with rides, arcades, haunted houses, museums and much more. Lots of things to do! Sadly I didn’t have enough time to try things since my tour bus was heading back to the city. But overall a great day in Niagara Falls!
    Read more