Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 15

    Day 16 Ohh but when it shines!

    3 kwietnia 2018, Anglia ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Wednesday Days Inn Killington Lakes Room 21

    A slow start today no rush, the weather is awful again and the plan is to just look around Kendal....

    So with our own breaky under our belt we set off to find the first Laundromat we have used in the UK
    First place we found turned out to be a big industrial washing machine makers.... no help with our washing unless they want to do some pre trails in their machines! Finally found one and it was manned by a lady who was helpful but a bit Surly.... tried to go for a walk while the machine which cost £5.00 which is $10.00 for one load... decided to do just one load and do the rest the whites by hand! Anyway back to the walk we set of with no umbrella mistake No 1 always carry your umbrella when it’s overcast in England... got down the road and down she came, tried to get some shots but even a local commented, it’s not the best day for photography love....
    So back we head, having to kill time in the Laundromat... once washed we placed them into the drier, but had to keep putting in £’s as they wouldn’t dry. It wasn’t a huge wash so worked out after a bit the machine just sucked your money with no drying really done. so packed our goods decided to dry the most of it which was semi done back in our room in the towel heater...

    Then off to look around the shops and discover Kendal... it’s a pretty town and what I love about all these places is as you walk along you see an alley and it opens into another whole world... behind the front walls are intriguing little other interesting shops and pubs, cafe’s and other quaint sights! I will admit I didn’t wander down any just toke shots from the openings but you could see some of the intriguing sights from there!

    Lunch we had at the supermarkets very upmarket cafe.... but somehow we both ordered food that wasn’t quite what we planned. They did taste ok but here we had the chance to eat something really nice and yep we stuffed up....
    Anyway as John says it’s only food and you only need it to sustain you.... he doesn’t quite see food like I do as a passion....

    Had a wander looking for a big long coat for me decided to try the 2nd hand stores, ohh my goodness Kendal has about 10 of them all for each worthy cause... Cancer foundation, Heart foundation, RSPCA, Salvation Army, Oxfam, my goodness I have never seen so many... and to be honest they aren’t that cheap, pretty exy really.... I did find a coat not the type I wanted but a red one not real thick but looked good and was longer so John said get it, it was £7.50 which is $15 so not cheap by our standards like Vinnies.... I do wandered if some of the charities which I know need the money are out pricing themselves with so many cloths so cheap these days.... but I guess for most people it can be about the fact you are supporting an organisation. For others it’s about surviving life!

    After all our looking around and stocking up on a few grocery item, we set off to find Kendal castle and yeah the Sun has come out. Wow what a difference it makes with the sun out.... things look alive not dead and dreary....

    Found a way to the castle you have to climb to it from all accesses and there seem to be a few a according to Tripadvisor . So off we set on these awful muddy up hill climb. John toke the short cut, straight up the hill, I started and kept slipping. I could see I was going to be on my bum in the mud so backed down and went the correct but longer and safer way! Once at the Castle it is set on a hill overlooking all of Kendal great spot to view everything. Has had a huge mote around it, now sadly not as deep and the castle itself mostly in ruins... but still has most of its walls around it and some parts of 2 corners which had turret’s, one still barely there. What made this one so interesting is the curved ceilings if the lower rooms hadn’t seen that style before in any other of the castles. Ohh by the way it was a bonus Free to see....

    It was so muddy around the castle from all the rain some spots were just too wet to access. Sadly it appears this Castle has had some very basic changes done for people to access it.... but nothing more. I see the steps into the turret was through Heritage Lottery Money... there was rubbish over all the sides of the mote walls and rubbish bushes growing all around 2 sides of the castle. Considering it’s fair smack in the middle of the town and hundreds of people must visit it, the care factor really seems minimal, sadly for it reflects on the town.

    We have noticed the sheer volume of rubbish laying around the UK has been huge, like there isn’t a real care factor... the highways are just littered all along and plastics bags etc you can see why banning would help, but I feel it’s not the total answer to the rubbish issue world wide... maybe have to get near like Singapore which is pristine. Anyway I can only do my bit and make sure my rubbish goes into a bin....

    Headed back early for bit of RnR.... cooked my soup in the plastic container in the kettle again works a treat... Day done!
    Czytaj więcej