Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    THE BOARDER CROSSING WA-SA

    May 7, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    DAY: 15
    Heading for the Boarder
    With the time about to change the sun is not up as early today….
    Fixed the the camper solar panel holder with a bake bean tin…..let’s pray it lasts the distance..
    Once this was done we headed down to look at the waterhole for the Namahole where Len Beadell had his grandson baptised in 1993….well looking at it with the amount of water in it at present you could be mistaken for another area completely…but on looking at the postcard pic I took looking at the trees in the area we decided yes it could be the spot…but very difficult to truly discern…..
    So off we we. Miles down the track we stopped for wreaked trailer solid as silly to bring that across this track….
    Next site was we saw our first dingo. Track is getting tighter now causing issues as we navigate the track….then our 2nd Kangaroo on the whole track…. My pics only captured him as he dove into the grass…..
    We laughed at Dave heading bush each time he had to dodge a low tree but for him it must have a real pain in the arse…. then a cub camper wreaked completely but Bill and John tried to get bits off the camper…John got a bit of the camper just in case he needs to do repairs…which is becoming ongoing…

    We arrived at The border with plagues and signs everywhere, a visitors book to sign like at Neal’s Crn…then we heard from Sheryl and Dave sadly they had spent an hour or more waiting for us to get to the border…we didn't realise they were doing that with Bill and John fixing our broken solar panel holder….
    Next was the Serpentine Lakes-with water in them…we decided to have had M/Tea here fortunately we met up with Sheryl and Dave…
    As we went along a jolly Stick under our car with oil over it apparently only damaged a cover that covers the 4x4 shaft….
    We headed off the track was a bit boring as in similar scenery along the way…I must admit I fell asleep for some it so didn’t get to take it how difficult it was being so snug and tight making it hard for our side mirrors….but we managed to keep them in one piece for the day…
    We pulled up at a roadside camp spot to have a wait for the Vans had a cuppa waiting the lunch they were a good 2 hrs behind us….so we all decided once they arrived we would camp in the area…John had found a spot 200m up on the left so that’s where we headed for the night….the next 50ks we can’t camp as restricted area and we didn’t want to end up in that tonight….
    I spent the arvo trying to sort my pics on the computer … then Sheryl needed to do that with her pics to download so she could make room on her over full phone….
    The boys sat around an early fire…the cold weather had really hit us now with an awful wind blowing and making life just a bit too inconvenient….
    To be honest it actually ended up a relaxing day….
    John did some minor repairs to the cover over transfer shaft to get us further along….every day it ends up a major drama with our set up….

    John is very keen on the Vans set up but honestly where do you stop,….

    We had left overs for dinner 🥘 a great fire set up again. decided again we should do a damper but that’s as far as they get…see what happens in the next place…
    Read more