Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 20

    Pirate Country

    9 Kasım 2023, Red Sea ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Day 20

    GOOD MORNING Eritrea 🇪🇷 and Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦

    Not sure what country we are in at the moment, but we are in the the middle of the Red Sea heading to Oman 🇴🇲. Woke late this morning after another good and late night. Rell not feeling to well this morning but was able to attend breakfast. We got a message last night that we were passing through pirate 🏴‍☠️ waters for the next couple of days. Apparently we are being monitored by naval vessels and we have additional security on board. So all is good. This morning after breakfast we saw some boats in front of us. Then the ship came to a stop, then a small dinghy came along side and circled the ship. Everyone was watching to see what was going on. It looked like this was a check point and the guys were checking to see there was nothing attached to the ship. They looked like military but they don’t tell you anything on the ship. So we just make up stories so it will be interesting to here on social media what happened. Anyway we underway again and everything is good.

    Piracy has taken place in a maritime area bounded by Suez and the Strait of Hormuz, in the region around the Horn of Africa, and waters surrounding the Arabian Peninsula; in the region of the Indian Ocean from the Red Sea through the Arabian Sea to the Gulf of Oman.

    Modern-day sea piracy occurs in the region, and has caused international security areas to be declared in the region in the 21st-century. Approximately 35 percent of all crude oil shipped by sea and one-third of all liquefied natural gas pass through the Strait of Hormuz. Such shipments are one of the targets of piracy.

    The rest of the day has gone well, just lunch and then we went and watched the origin and manufacturing of containers. Then off to watch the beer 🍺 mug… no idea what this was. Turns out it is tossing corks into beer mugs. From there it was time for a rest before dinner.
    Off to dinner then the show of the night. Not a bad show this time. Them mum and I went and watched the karaoke. Then off to bed.

    GOOD NIGHT RED SEA
    Okumaya devam et