Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Jedda Port

    November 8, 2023 in Saudi Arabia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Day 19

    GOOD MORNING SAUDI ARABIA 🇸🇦

    It was a late morning this morning, didn’t wake until 8am. Heavy night last night and we are doing very little today. We are in Jedda Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 but because we couldn’t get visas sorted, we aren’t doing an excursions today. Can’t even get off the boat. Very strict dress codes if you got off the boat. So we found a lot of people not getting off. Anyway had breakfast at the pig pen and then checked out the view. Heavy haze hanging over the port and city, making it look very depressive. Will see if it clears later in the day. Massive container shipping yards were we are parked and the temperature is very hot 🥵.

    Jeddah Islamic Port is a Saudi Arabian port, located in Jeddah on the Red Sea, at the middle of an international shipping route between the east and west via the Suez Canal. It is the second-largest and second-busiest port in the Arab world (after the Port of Jebel Ali in Dubai, UAE). The city of Jeddah is the second-largest city in Saudi Arabia (after the capital Riyadh), and is Saudi Arabia's commercial capital.[1]

    Today was very quite for us, no excursion because we didn’t obtain our visas. To much hassle and to expensive. So we spent the day on board with about 80% of the passengers. Resting, reading and talking. Watching all the activities in the port, shipping container loading and unloading, the security around the ship. We saw the security guys praying 🙏 to Mecca 🕋. No alcohol all day that we were in port. And as soon as we were underway the alcohol 🍺 was underway as well. Good dinner, show and drinks after.

    GOOD NIGHT SAUDI ARABIA 🇸🇦
    Read more