Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 22

    Pirate Country Day 3

    11. november 2023 ⋅ 🌬 28 °C

    Day 22

    GOOD MORNING SOMALIA 🇸🇴 AND YEMEN 🇾🇪

    Today we woke to a very overcast day, visibility very low. Rell feeling sick this morning and is staying in bed. I went up for breakfast at the 🐷 pen and brought back double cooked toast as directed. Went back up and sat with mum and Vicki for breakfast. Suppose to be going to Remembrance Day meeting. We are going past the Horn of Africa this morning.

    The Horn of Africa (HoA) is a large peninsula and geopolitical region in East Africa. Located on the easternmost part of the African mainland, it is the fourth largest peninsula in the world. It is composed of Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia and Djibouti; broader definitions also include parts or all of Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, and Uganda. The term Greater Horn Region (GHR) can additionally include Burundi, Rwanda, and Tanzania.[4] It lies along the southern boundary of the Red Sea and extends hundreds of kilometres into the Guardafui Channel, Gulf of Aden, and Indian Ocean and shares a maritime borders with the Arabian Peninsula region of Western Asia.

    We had the Remembrance Day meeting in one of the bars at 11:00am. We had about 25 people and we all stood for a minute silence with the playing of the Last Post… compliments of Geoff and I read the Ode. Very humbling to pay respects. Apparently this was done in other places on the ship. Some of the guys played cards for awhile and then it was lunch time. Amazing how fast the day goes. Rell stayed in bed for most of the day. The wog has a real fold. Mum and I went to a talk on the Trans Atlantic Telegraph… this was very interesting. Then it was time for a rest and after that time to get ready for dinner and the night out. Rell only came out for dinner and went back. Mum and I went to the show and another good one. Then back to check on Rell and off to bed.

    GOOD NIGHT THE GULF OF ADEN
    Læs mere