Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 23

    Running The Oman South Coast

    12. marraskuuta 2023, Arabian Sea ⋅ 🌬 27 °C

    Day 23

    GOOD MORNING OMAN 🇴🇲

    Well we aren’t actually at Oman 🇴🇲 we are off the southern coast by about 100km. Another late morning… because we can, and another overcast day. Saw a couple of ships pass by this morning, so it looks like the ocean is very small or there are a lot of ships in these shipping routes. Breakfast at the pig pen this morning, not to bad and Rell is up and about. Still not 100% and is still trying to get over the wog. We had a chat to the kids this morning and showed them bunny travelling the world. Another day before we hit Muscat in Oman 🇴🇲 and then two days in port. That will be a relief we have been on the ship nearly 10 days now.

    Oman is a country on the southeast coast of the Arabian Peninsula, situated in West Asia, bordering the Arabian Sea, Gulf of Oman, and Persian Gulf, between Yemen and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The coast of Oman was an important part in the Omani empire and sultanate.

    Geography of Oman
    Topographic map of Oman
    Continent
    Asia
    Region
    Middle East
    Coordinates
    21°00′N 57°00′E
    Area
    Ranked 70th
    • Total
    309,500 km2 (119,500 sq mi)
    • Land
    100%
    • Water
    0%
    Coastline
    3,165 km (1,967 mi)
    Borders
    Saudi Arabia: 676 km (420 mi)
    UAE: 410 km (250 mi)
    Yemen: 288 km (179 mi)
    Natural resources
    petroleum, copper, asbestos, Limited marble, limestone, chromium, gypsum, natural gas
    Natural hazards
    Large sandstorms in interior in summer; large floods after rains; tropical cyclones
    Environmental issues
    Soil salinity rising; oil spills; very limited fresh water resources
    Exclusive economic zone
    533,180 km2 (205,862 sq mi)

    Today was very quite mum and I went to the magic show, watched trivia competition and then it was off to the nightly show. We did have a heavy night at the bar after the show. Rell was crook for most of the day but came out for dinner and then joined the drinks… well that was a mistake. Anyway after that it was off to bed.

    GOOD NIGHT TO THE GULF OF OMAN 🇴🇲
    Lue lisää