Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Sagada, Mt. Province, Philippines

    November 8, 2016 on the Philippines ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    The Hanging Coffins of Sagada

    We set of early from paradise aka Native village inn. As Dan drove us 12 hrs earlier in the week, I thought it was my turn to drive the tank!

    Drove into Banaue town and topped up with petrol, well that's what we asked for..... Then I heard a shrill Dan telling the filler that he had specifically said UNLEADED!!! The lovely friendly filler had put a lovely 30litres of Diesel into our lovely petrol engine.... Dan - "we have a major problem! "

    Trying to not to catastrophise the situation, we all panicked! Ha!

    We rolled the car out of the way and before we knew it three Filipino knights in oil covered armour had DETACHED our fuel tank from underneath the car and were sucking the fuel out into buckets. They reattached the tank, shook our hands with smiles and they were gone.

    We got back on the road and headed to Sagada and Echo valley. The drive was stunning and the day was hot and clear.

    The hanging coffins clung to the limestone cliff in a eery yet peaceful manor.The guide explained that this way is easier for the spirits to escape.

    The day ended in a drive in motel!
    Read more