Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Tuesday, April 24

    April 24, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Tuesday, April 24

    Site 65 - we really like this site. . .nobody behind us and quite spacious. It is near clean new washrooms. No TV reception in this park, though.

    The rain has stopped and the sun is out. The weather forecast is good for the next few days. Clear, dry, sunny, highs of around 75 degrees.

    Today is another housekeeping day. There is a clean air-conditioned Coin Laundry 6 miles south of the Park on Pawley's Island. $2.25 for a double load wash, $3.75 for a triple load, $.25 for 5 minutes of dryer time. While I do the laundry, and clean and organize the Rialta, Tony goes to Publix next door and stocks up on groceries for the next few days.

    I chat with a couple in the laundromat and they tell me about Assateague State Park in Maryland where all the wild ponies are. Their pictures show a beautiful beach and nice green flat campsites. I would like to stop there.

    Still more running around to do. . .shop at Tuesday Morning, and then go to the Walmart in Georgetown. It's a little further to drive but much less traffic! On the way back I notice that there are lots of really nice little shops along Ocean Highway on Pawley's island. I'd like to visit some of them next time.

    We have rotisserie mojo chicken for dinner. Tony bought it at the Publix in Pawley's island. Supposedly it has been basted or somehow cooked with citrus fruit juice. Anyway, it is juicy and tender and tangy! Very good!

    After dinner, we ride our bikes through the park. We discover there is a whole new campground on the south side. Concrete slabs, picnic tables on crushed rock, new washrooms, trees all pruned! Very nice! Tony is interested in Site 156.

    We ride the path along the ponds. The songbirds are chirping, the water birds are diving, and the frogs and crickets are singing. Everything is green and alive, and we think about how snowy and cold it was when we left Cornwall!

    Back to the campsite to settle in for the night!

    Not really enjoying The Nest so far. Usually I like Heather's Picks!?
    Read more